Please contact The Pilot House at (203) 292-8452 for information on scheduling an appointment.
Kate McLaughlin, M.S., CCC-SLP
Augumenative & Alternative Communications Specialist
Kate is a speech-language pathologist providing services for children and adults with complex communication needs. She graduated with her Masters of Science in Speech-Language Pathology from Southern Connecticut State University with an additional emphasis in augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) and adaptive technology. Kate has worked with children and adults with a wide range of diagnoses.
She conducts AAC evaluations, assists with device selection and funding requests, and provides guidance for implementation of AAC strategies throughout an individual’s daily life. She has published studies on her work in Communication Disorders Quarterly and the Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. She is a certified member of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association and holds licensure as a speech-language pathologist in the state of Connecticut.
• Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) evaluation
• AAC therapy
• AAC device programming & customization
• AAC trainings & consultations
• Visual supports for comprehension & behavior
• Adaptive technology for individuals with multiple disabilities
• Family & caregiver trainings